Did you know that if you own shares of a US sited company valued over $60,000 you are still liable for up to 40% US Federal Estate Tax? Fortunately, our US specialists spend their time sourcing solutions that can specifically aid people who work or have previously worked for US companies.
- How non-US resident and non- US passport holders are liable for up to 40% US Federal Estate Tax on US Stock portfolio or US shareholdings upon death
- How to mitigate your US Federal Estate Tax Exposure
- Why holding your portfolio outside of the US on an investment platform or with a brokerage account doesn't prevent this tax from being applied
- The potential to fall foul of forced heirship laws applied by your country of birth.
- Which Jurisdictions hold DTA's with the U.S. and what this means for you
- The solutions available to you
- How to make the most of your international status