The Business Development Manager position has a fundamental value to the overall success of the business, making it an excellent opportunity for someone who is driven to seek excellence in everything they do. If you are a successful sales person and looking for the platform to build a new career in Wealth Management, this is the job for you.
The main focus of the role is to strategically target and then directly contact potential high net worth expat clients who are living, working and retiring globally, before outlining the Skybound Wealth proposition and introducing them to one of our qualified, Senior Financial Planners. This involves using a wide variety of sources to map both the corporate and socio-economic landscapes within the area you are focusing on, highlighting both British and other international executives. It is very useful to know about how current affairs are affecting the financial markets due to the diverse client range associated with Skybound (clients will come from a number of jurisdictions including UK, USA, Germany, Australia and South Africa).
In tandem with the research stage, a Skybound Wealth BDM is able to pitch potential clients over email, telephone or in person. An innate enjoyment of the sales process and confidence talking to a wide range of individuals is therefore key for this position.
Skybound also provide full support through the CISI examination process. As a business, we ensure that all Advisers are at a UK Level 4 Diploma standard as a minimum, and see it as good practice to continue this throughout the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- An individual with a proven and demonstrable track record within a pro-active sales and business development role
- Ability to generate leads and strategically develop new business, alongside continue to develop business through referrals
- Comfortable dealing with high net worth individuals
- Ability to handle objections
- Strong, confident, eloquent phone manner
- Good soft skills (organised- Excel driven, analytical, flexible, pro-active, creative)
- The ability to keep up to date with market trends and latest financial news.
- Ability to navigate through multiple business sites (not just LinkedIn but business sites, directories).
You will benefit from:
- A basic salary relevant to current, with commissions dependent on salary
- £45k-£55k year 1 OTE
- Leads (alongside ones you generate yourself) through various data sources
- Warm relationships with key strategic partners across the industry
- Unrivalled quarterly events
- Global Skybound incentives for top performers
- Excellent administrative team to assist with business placement, including an internal pension team
- Internal compliance to the highest level of regulation in every jurisdiction